Friday, October 17, 2008

Totally forgot
To say this random thought

I was in Challenge and Change today with awesomesuperfuncrazycoolfunnycrazypervy Mr. McDermott and he was lecturing us about feminism in the 50s and his question was: were they were making it so that people respected women's work (e.g having kids, homemaking, knitting etc.) or making it so that women did what men did? My brain started hurting at this point because my thoughts were just racing into each other and colliding and then oy! what a mess it all makes. I was like, wait a minute: that's a good question! Personally, I think women and men should just be able to do what they want but it doesn't look like that's going to happen ever. And then he just kept asking more and more of these hypothetical questions...

But the whole point is that deep thinking makes my brain hurt.
A lot.
I actually thought I needed to lie down.

But maybe it wasn't the deep thinking?
Maybe I'm just tired because a girl cannot live on 7 hours of sleep a night.

But when I think about anything truly deep and philosophical my brain hurts.
So it must be the thinking.
Does it take more out of your brain when you think more? Is thinking hard mental gymnastics?

But that sounds silly.
I'm speaking like that politically scandalous talking Barbie doll. But I love dolls. And make-up. And knitting. And fashion.
Is there something wrong with me embodiying so much of the feminine stereotype?

Too---much---thinking---drives---us---insane

Sometimes---just---let---yourself---be

Turn---off---the---switch

I'm capable of abstract thought. I'm just tired.

But that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean.