Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Snow is falling all around...

Well, not yet, but it's bound to start up soon. Today was cold and it looks as though Halloween will be the same. Shit.

Competition

I'm competitive, but there are some things that I won't leave up to chance. It's stupid and crazy and will only end in disappointment. In this case, it's my trip to France. Both my brother and I want to go, but it looks as though my Dad will only be paying for one of us if we can't come up with a solution. And we'd need to compete for the spot. Which is ridiculous. Anything that actually matters or pertains to France or French, I could win. But instead, there have been suggestions that other totally non-France related things should be the deciding factor. This is ludicrous.

Snow is falling all around
Seven o'clock and the roads are blocked
So I walk downtown
There's no one around

The streets are dark and there's no one about
I wander home and all the, the lights are out

These are lyrics from the awesome song by The Specials (my favourite ska band) called Blank Expression. Look it up. It's brill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean.