Saturday, October 11, 2008

Decisions, decisions

Intro

Hey there. My name's Allyssia and I'm a high school student. I live right outside of the grand city of Toronto, Ontario (that's in Canada, for those of you who don't know), and attend a school in a city that is even closer to Toronto.

Fashion and literature are two of my biggest passions. To combine both of these passions and earn a living, I want to become a fashion journalist. After doing that for a while, I want to settle down and travel, write novels, and freelance for magazines and newspapers around the world.
What do I like to do? Well, shopping and writing are obviously among my favourite activities. I also love to sing, and was recently asked to be the lead singer for a band. I'm also really involved in school extracurriculars and love to take on leadership positions.

Well, that's enough for the scholarship application information.

Decisions, decisions

Like most other grade 12 students, I'm currently faced with the challenging task of deciding on a university program. I'm still not 100% sure what I want to study, or where I want to study. It's weird. I know what I want to do, but I don't know how to go about doing it.

I'm sure that I want to start off with a career in fashion journalism. I'm seriously considering studying Journalism so that I can meet this goal. The only problem is that none of the schools that offer Journalism offer the flexibility, environments, or minors that I'm interested in, so I'm trying to come up with another major that would be equally useful.

I really need to buckle down and start visiting schools and asking questions about things that really matter to me. I've had enough of school reps coming to my school to tell us all about meal plans and how well their sports teams are doing.

Teen Vogue Fashion University

13 days from now I'll be on my way to New York City for Teen Vogue's annual Fashion U'! I'm so excited! For three days, I'll be rubbing elbows with industry elite (e.g the editors of Teen Vogue, Proenza Shouler, Jill Stuart, Tory Burch, etc) and other girls and boys who are as interested in the fashion industry as I am. I definitely need to start compiling my list of questions! Hopefully going will give me a better idea of what I should be studying next year, and what steps I should take to reach my goals.

It should be a weekend to remember. When I first heard about it, my thoughts immediately turned to Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar. I don't know if that's a good thing...

Boots
Okay, winter is coming on fast, and I still don't have a good pair of winter boots. I've searched through Holt Renfrew and I'm yet to find a suitable pair. I'm really considering going with this pair from Coach. I just don't know how weather-effective they are. Can they handle the harsh Canadian winters?
Oh, and I'm hoping to get my hands on this cute pair of Louboutin ankle boots before it gets to cold for me to wear them. But at almost $900, they're a pretty pricey investment. I guess that's what parents are for.



Idle youth, enslaved to everything...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean.